The Capital City Apartment Association's
Certified Pool Operator Course
CCAA offers this 2-day CPO course to help you fulfill this requirement:
Per to Florida State Statute (64E-9.018):
An individual who services a public pool by maintaining the cleanliness, water quality and chemical balance of public pools shall be certified. To be certified an individual must demonstrate knowledge of public pools…(and) shall attend a training course of national recognition that is approved by the department of at least 16 hours in length and shall pass a test acceptable to the department.
The Pool and Hot Tub Alliance (PHTA) certifies those persons who successfully complete the 16 hours of Certified Pool-Spa Operator instruction & pass the examination. The standard CPO class is taught over a 2-day period. The CPO certification is valid for 5 years. The course is designed to provide the knowledge necessary to operate & manage public pools & spas. The Certified Pool-Spa Operator class fulfills the local & state requirements for certification for pool service technicians as defined in many states, including Florida.
The course topics include:
- Regulations & Guidelines
- Swimming Pool Calculations
- Filtration & Circulation
- Pool Water Contamination
- Chemical Feed & Control
- Pool Water Testing
- Spas & Warm Water Pools
- Pool Management
- Pool & Spa Maintenance
- Pool Operation Problems
- Renovation & Modernization
- Disease & Accident Prevention
- Photo ID
- #2 Pencil
- Calculator (you cannot use your phone calculator)
- Mask (we will be following CDC Guidelines regarding COVID-19 safety procedures including masks and distancing)
Your Registration Fee includes:
- Lunch both days
Date: November 9-10, 2021
Time: 8:00 am -- 6:00 pm
Location: 5278 Tower Rd, Tallahassee, FL 32303
Registration Fee includes: Manual and Handouts, Exam, and Lunch both days.
Cancellations: Cancellations must be received by email to email@example.com at least five (5) business days prior to the event. Late cancellations and no-shows WILL be charged the full-invoiced amount.
Communicable diseases such as COVID-19 can be highly contagious viruses that pose inherent risks that cannot e fully eliminated regardless of care or precautions taken. As such, by participating in classes, meetings, or events hosted by CCAA in any facility you hereby assert you do so voluntarily and that by participating you knowingly assume any and all risks related to COVID-19 or other communicable diseases.
Because member and attendee safety is our top priority, we will be following CDC Guidlelines as well as the requirement of the facility, including:
- Social distancing
- Contactless temperature check before entering meeting room
- Plentiful sanitizer throughout space
- Masks required while moving around
- Disposable masks free of charge available to attendees
- High touch surfaces sanitized frequently
- Team members will wear masks and social distance from members and each other.
- Other measures, as appropriate.
As deemed necessary, additional requirements will be added. Such as:
- If you are sick, caring for an ill person, or may have recently been exposed to COVID-19 we ask that you stay home for self-quarantine.
- We will be conducting contactless temperature checks on everyone entering the venue. Anyone found to have a fever will be unable to enter.
- We will provide one-time use masks to attendees that do not arrive with their own.
- Maintaining Social Distancing.
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer often, especially after touching high traffic areas.
For More Information:
Tallahassee, Florida 32312
United States 850.201.2922
Thank you to Paul Davis Restoration of Tallahassee for hosting the CPO training at their meeting room. We appreciate your support!